City of Budapest
General informations about Budapest
- Budapest is the city of history, culture and fun where something always happens.
- Central location in Europe
- The Danube River and the Buda Castle are UNESCO World Heritage sites
- Outstanding views
- City of the spas
- Affordable living costs
- Great public and student life
Hungary is a member of the European Union. As a foreigner in Budapest you will find general European as well as particular Hungarian cultural customs: food, fashion, folk art, music and dance. Take a chance at this amazing city!
Budapest is situated along the Danube, in the heart of the Carpathian basin. The city was formed in 1873 through the joining of Buda, Pest and Old Buda (Óbuda). As the largest city in the Republic of Hungary, Budapest is the country's political, cultural and commercial center.
The beautiful Danube River both divides and connects peaceful, hilly Buda in the west and the flatter, lively Pest in the east. Óbuda, the oldest part of Budapest, is also on the west side of the Danube and is an extension of Buda to the north. Seven bridges and two railway bridges join Buda and Pest, and six islands on the Danube are located within city limits.
More (useful sites) about Budapest - please click on the link
General informations about BME
Budapest University of Technology and Economics is a leader in technical higher education in Hungary. It was founded in 1782, has been the top higher education institution of Hungary and it also has well-established international reputation. It has got:
- Outstanding quality of education: four Nobel Prize winners and dozens of famous scientists
- International University: more than 1000 foreign students each year and foreign professors from all over the world
- Innovative, research institution: the most innovative university in Hungary (according to the amount of R+D and the number of publications)
- The most important international university ranking companies have placed BME among the world’s top 1000 universities
- Exciting programs, vibrant city life: the university is located in the heart of Budapest
- Sport life: we have new sport centres and dozens of famous Olympic medallists
- Beautiful Campus: the Campus is a city in itself: with beautiful buildings and large parks, it’s a pleasant place all year round
Its mission is to educate professionals for the industry in the disciplines of technology, informatics, natural sciences, economics, business and management. We have eight faculties. They are (in order of foundation):
- Faculty of Civil Engineering (ÉMK)
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (GPK)
- Faculty of Architecture (ÉPK)
- Faculty of Chemical Technology and Biotechnology (VBK)
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Informatics (VIK)
- Faculty of Transportation Engineering and Vehicle Engineering (KJK)
- Faculty of Natural Sciences (TTK)
- Faculty of Economic and Social Sciences (GTK)
Uploaded and published: 03.12.2017, modified: